Tuesday 6 November 2007

Winter shopping

I've been trying to ignore the fact that the winter is closing in, but today I felt I had to go and do some shopping for the winter. I'm not that fond of shopping, well, unless it's for things like books, garden seeds, cross stitch design and kits or fabrics. That's not shopping, that's pleasure even if it just adds to my stash. There's so much I want to do, but don't have enough for all my projects.

Well, I did find a new pair of winter boots, they were the right colour (brown), and they will get me through this winter at least. I dislike black and at least here it's a bit difficult to find shoes and boots in any other colour than black. It's the same with a lot of clothes too, especially during the winter, there's a lot of black clothes and as I'm not going to buy anything black I'm usually just browsing and buying nothing. If I find something it's either the wrong colour or if the colour is right I don't like the model or the size is wrong. That's one reason why I like shopping for fabrics, both for clothes and for things for the home, such as pillows, drapes etc. Then I can do exactly what I want, in the colour that I want.

I also visited the local garden centre and bought two amaryllis (hippeastrum) bulbs and some paperwhite narcissus bulbs. It's getting high time to plant them to get them ready for Christmas. I love amaryllis flowers, especially the small-flowered kinds and nowadays there's so many different kinds to choose from. The ones I bought will be apricot and lime green. I've began to like lime green flowers more and more and apricot/peach/pale orange have always been a favourite of mine.


Imported from Multiply


No comments:

Post a Comment