Tuesday 17 March 2009

What a difference a day makes!

Spring is finally here, today has been a real spring day with a sunny sky and it's such a difference from yesterday. I was out for a walk with my cats and the sun was shining and I noticed that the crocuses in my neighbours garden have opened their flowers, yesterday I didn't see any of them. There's lots of them, a very dark purple on the outside with a paler lilac inside that fades to almost white closest to the stigma. I like crocuses, they are lovely and so cheerful when in bloom. The snow-drops have been in bloom for a couple of weeks now, so have the winter aconites. I love all the colours of the spring flowers.

I took all three of my cats out, first the two older cats and allowed them to run free in our inner yard and they were wild, racing round and trying to climbing up and down the trees. Neither of them getting very high up, just to the first branch and then jumping down again. When the two of them had had enough of fresh air, I took the youngest of my cats out, for the second time and this time without the support of an other cat. It went well, Sindra didn't mind the leash and walked around and checked the bushes and so on, but I could see that she must have been a bit nervous as the muscles in her hind legs was shivering. We weren't out long, just five minutes or so and she was relieved to get indoors again, to familiar grounds.

Imported from Multiply

No comments:

Post a Comment