Tuesday 22 January 2013

Late night snacking

- or should I say eating, as the sandwich I made was more of a meal than a snack. I often work night shifts, which means that I'm used to eating in the middle of the night, and also often do that when I'm at home too. When I got hungry tonight I decided to recreate a sandwich I've eaten in a coffee shop, made with avocado, mozzarella cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. It's very tasty and it wasn't difficult to make.

I used a small baguette, sliced the bread in half but not entirely in two pieces, as it's easier to eat if only open on one side. Then I sprinkled a little bit of olive oil on the bread and put on some lettuce. Then I took a mozzarella cheese and sliced it, as well as a halved and peeled avocado and added to the sandwich, as well as some sun-dried cherry tomatoes in oil. At last I sprinkled on a little of my favourite herbal seasoned salt from Krusmyntagården. Well worth to make again.

I love the herbal seasonings from Krusmyntagården on the island of Gotland, I lived in Visby for eleven years, and even if it's almost thirteen years since I moved away from there, I still buy the herbal seasonings from Krusmyntagården and teas from Kränku whenever I can. Some of the teas from Kränku is available in tea shops where I live, but thankfully both have their own web-shop too.

No comments:

Post a Comment