Sunday 31 December 2006

Autumn's gone and winter's here

The weather has changed suddenly, it shouldn't be such a surprise but this year it went a bit too quickly from autumn to winter for my taste. Last Thursday it was still autumn and I was able to gather what turned out to be the last ripe tomatoes from my garden. On Sunday I went for a walk in the Botanical Garden in Göteborg and enjoyed the sunshine and the late flowers. Then Monday came with a northern wind and snow, the storm didn't hit Göteborg that hard but in Stockholm the roads was blocked by stranded cars and the passagers had to sleep at the train station as the trains couldn't leave because of the snow and cold.

Well, now it's time to enjoy the winter as each season has it's own pleasures.  Now  it's time to stay indoors, to lit candles and cuddle up in the sofa drinking tea instead of working in the garden. I will have time to read or listen to the books I haven't had the time to read during the gardening season. I have a lot of unfinished crafts projects, cross stitch, knitting and sewing, it's time to make use of all the lovely fabrics that are piled up in the cupboard. There is also a time to make plans for the garden, to see what I want to change and remake for the next summer and to browse through garden magazines and books to get new ideas for the spring that isn't that far away.

Imported from Multiply, posted 2005?

No comments:

Post a Comment