Sunday 31 December 2006

May thoughts

We are still only in May and it's a Spring month, but there's already lots of early summer flowers in bloom and some are already past their prime. We didn't have much of a winter, we had some snow during February but not much and it wasn't that cold either. Spring began in early March and April was warm and sunny and many flowers and plants began to bloom 2-4 weeks earlier than usual. Now the bird-cherry tree outside my window has lost all of its flowers and the lilacs have already begun to look a bit faded. The lilacs are usually in full bloom when the school ends here in Sweden the first week of June and it's used for decorating then but this year I don't think there will be any flowers left.

I can just and just perceive the magpie nest in the bird-cherry tree but it seems as if they have been successful in hatching at least one, if not two, chicks this year and the chicks looks to be quite large already. The parents begun their nest-building quite early, there seemed to be some fighting over the ownership of the nest and my cats followed the debate with a great interest through the window.

I haven't been doing that much cross stitching, I've been knitting instead. I was hit by the knitting bug again and began knitting a cardigan in an alpacka yarn. The yarn is very soft and not itchy at all, but it's quite fine so it will take some time to get the cardigan finished. One thing with knitting compared with cross stitching is that it's easier to take a knitting with me when I'm go to my allotment garden to have something to do when I take a break from weeding. I use a frame when cross stitching and that makes it a bit more difficult to take with me (and the fine stitching treads gets caught in coarse gardening fingers as I find it difficult to work with gloves).


Imported from Multiply, posted May 2007




No comments:

Post a Comment