Sunday 31 December 2006

Where is winter?

It's December already and outdoors the grass is still green. I'm beginning to wonder where the winter is, are we going to get any snow and cold weather. Well, I don't mind too much yet that it's this mild, it means that I can go by bike to work and do some additional digging in my garden. I have a huge lawn I want to change to flowerbeds so there are a lot more digging to do. The only problem is that the ground is so wet that the soil clings to the spade. I wonder if there are any teflon spades and if that would help?

My cats are also pleased with the mild weather, both likes to eat grass and as long as the weather is this mild they are able to find something edible grass. I downloaded some new pictures to my cat album, one of them shows the Bengal male eating grass. The photos are taken today, the grass is so green, it's difficult to remember that it's less than 20 days til Christmas.

It gets dark early now and one of the pleasures of taking an evening stroll this time of the year is to see all the Advent and Christmas stars and candle-holders people are putting in their windows and the decoration lights on patios and balconies, that makes the darkness a little more bearable. I have an Advent star in my living-room window, I had to hang it up high so that the cats wont reach it as they are always interested in new things.

Imported from Multiply, posted 2007??

No comments:

Post a Comment